• Estate Planning
  • Medicaid Planning
  • Real Estate – Commercial and Residential
  • NYS ECB Violations
  • NYS Liquor Licensing
  • Civil Litigation
  • Referral Services
Estate planning is preparation for the future.  It allows us to organize your personal and financial affairs in order to deal with the possibility of mental incapacity and certain death. Depending on your family and financial situations, your estate plan will include four or five essential legal estate planning documents. Below is the list of documents our office will be able to assist you with to make this sometimes difficult time easier and manageable.

Will-Based Estate Planning
If your current family and financial situations do not warrant the need for a Revocable Living Trust, then your estate plan will include the following four legal documents:

  1. Last Will and Testament
  2. Advance Medical Directive
  3. Living Will
  4. Financial Power of Attorney

Trust Based Estate Planning  
If your current family and financial situations warrant the need for a more sophisticated estate plan, then your estate plan will include the following five legal documents:

  1. Pour Over Will
  2. Revocable Living Trust
  3. Advance Medical Directive
  4. Living Will
  5. Financial Power of Attorney

How many people really think about long-term care planning? Even if they have thought about it, how many people know how to plan for it? Who knows if they’ll need it? Who knows when they’ll need it? Who knows how long they’ll need it? Who knows how much it will cost by the time they need it?

There are many rules governing who will qualify for Medicaid to help pay nursing home costs. Medicaid planning involves advising clients about those rules and applying them to their financial situation. The goal is to protect the client’s rights and maximize the assets that Medicaid allows them to keep or transfer.

Typically the client is often the spouse or family member of an elderly person who has to enter a nursing home. The family is overwhelmed by the circumstances. They are worried about how to pay for the huge nursing home bills.  They are often planning for Medicaid eligibility in order to protect the spouse who will remain at home from becoming impoverished, and to protect some resources to help the person entering the nursing home maintain the best possible quality of life in his or her last years.

Whether you’re buying or selling a home as real estate attorney I can help you find the right house or the right buyer and negotiate a price and closing date that are right for you.  We will review any offer you make or receive and make sure that your rights are protected.

Some title insurance companies and mortgage lenders require you to use a lawyer to ensure that, among other things, the title is good, there are no liens against the property, and that the deal will close as anticipated.  This is just one of the many tasks I will take on for you as a real estate attorney.

If you’re buying a home, we will:

  • Help you understand the purchase contract, including how you will take title on the property.
  • Check that there are no covenants, easements, liens, etc. registered against the property.
  • Prepare and register all the legal documents.
  • Clarify the terms of the mortgage and work with your bank, if necessary.
  • Attend the closing and review all the papers you will be required to sign.
  • Arrange title insurance protection.

If you’re selling a home, we will

  • Review the binder and review or prepare the purchase and sale agreement, including negotiating its terms.
  • Prepare the deed and power of attorney if necessary.
  • Deal with title issues if they arise and help correct them.
  • Attend the closing and review all the papers you will be required to sign.
  • Arrange for transfer of security deposits.
  • Arrange for insurance certificates if needed.

An ECB violation is a notice that property does not comply with a provision of the NYC Building Code and/or NYC Zoning Resolution.

To resolve your ECB violation we must comply with two obligations:

  1. Pay a civil penalty and correct the violating condition
  2. File a Certificate of Correction with the Department of Buildings at its main office either by mail or in person.
  3. Certificate of Correction form must accompany proof that the condition has been corrected.
  4. If the Department accepts the proof, the property's record will show that the violation was corrected and certificate accepted

Our office is available to represent the needs of rapidly growing businesses such as restaurants, bars, lounges, clubs, liquor stores, supermarkets, wholesalers, and importers throughout New York to obtain their liquor license. Our goal is to offer outstanding service by ensuring the process is quickly and efficiently managed. 

What we streamline for you to obtain a liquor license:

  1. Make sure you do not fall under any of the statutory disqualifications to holding an alcoholic beverage retail license under Alcoholic Beverage Control Law.
  2. Determine whether your establishment complies with both the 200 and the 500 Foot Rule.
  3. Determine which alcoholic beverage license class you seek.
  4. Notify the Community Board of the intention to apply for a liquor license 30 days before filing an application with the State Liquor Authority. 
  5. Once the thirty day Community Board period has lapsed, we will proceed to file your New York Liquor License application with the NYSLA. The application requires that the applicant submit: a penal bond, photographs of the interior and exterior of the premises to be licensed, personal questionnaires, proof of citizenship, photo identification of all principals, a contract of sale or conveyance, your lease agreement, various diagrams, copies of bank statements and loan agreements, your certificate to authority to collect sales tax, , your Federal Tax ID Number & Filing Receipts for your Corporation or LLC.
Civil litigation is a legal dispute between two or more parties that seek money damages rather than criminal sanctions. As a litigator I have experience representing parties in trials, hearings, arbitrations and mediations before administrative agencies, state and local courts. I have complete knowledge of substantive and procedural law, strong written and oral advocacy skills, knowledge of legal research techniques and software, negotiation skills and the ability to read and understand complex legal materials.

The above legal services are our main area of focus.  However, if you need counseling in the below areas we can refer you to a many highly competent attorneys that we trust with the following legal services:

  • Bankruptcy
  • Criminal Cases